These juicy Grilled Chicken Kabobs are simple to throw together and absolutely DELICIOUS! Cubed chicken breast and vegetables marinated in Italian dressing, thrown on some skewers, and grilled to absolute perfection. A perfect summer grilling recipe that is easy and healthy!
I’m excited to share this kabob recipe with you as it’s an easy meal anyone can throw together that’s great for the whole family!
What Type of Chicken Should I Use for Kabobs?
For grilled chicken kabobs I highly recommend using boneless skinless chicken breasts and slicing them into cubes. Alternatively you can use boneless skinless chicken thighs if you prefer darker meat. Either way, remove any excess fat from the chicken and slice into 1-inch cubes for the skewers. If you prefer a different meat, steak works awesome in this recipe too!
Tips for Making the Best Kabobs
- Don’t Cut your Chicken and Veggies Too Small. If you slice them too small they might fall off the skewer or the chicken may not be cooked all the way through and the veggies could be getting overcooked. Cut into similar size pieces.
- Rotate your Kabobs while Grilling. Make sure you turn your kabobs every few minutes to ensure they are getting evenly cooked. You don’t want one side burnt while the other is still cooking.
- If using Wooden Skewers, SOAK THEM. I prefer using metal skewers, but if you plan to use wooden skewers be sure you soak them in water for at least one hour before using. You do not want the sticks to burn while they are on the grill.
How to Make Grilled Italian Chicken Kabobs
- The first step is prepping and marinating your chicken breast. Get your chicken breast and cut it into 1-inch cubes and place into a ziploc bag with half a bottle of italian dressing, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Marinate for at least 30 minutes or over night.
- Slice the onion, bell peppers, squash, and zucchini into 1-inch size pieces and place into a large bowl. Marinate with the rest of the Italian dressing, then salt, pepper and red pepper flakes to your liking. Let marinate about 15 minutes.
- Place the chicken and vegetables onto the kabob skewers alternating chicken and vegetables.
- Preheat your grill to a medium heat.
- Place the chicken and vegetable skewers on the grill and cook for approximately 15 minutes. Turn halfway every few minutes for even cooking. Use a meat thermometer to ensure chicken has reached an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Remove from grill and enjoy! I like to serve mine with a little extra Italian dressing for dipping and a side of rice!
- 2 Pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced into 1 inch cubes (omit for vegetarian option)
- 1 bottle Italian dressing
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 large red onion
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 orange bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 2 zucchini
- 2 yellow squash
- salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes to taste.
- Skewers. If using wood remember they need to soak several hours in water before use.
Cut the chicken into 1-inch cubes and place into a Ziploc bag with half of the Italian dressing, salt, pepper and some red pepper flakes. Marinate for at least 30 minutes or overnight.
Cut the onion, bell pepper, squash and zucchini into about inch size pieces and place into large bowl. Marinate with the rest of the Italian dressing, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes.
Put the chicken and veggies onto kabob skewers alternating chicken and vegetables. For a vegetarian option, omit chicken and make only vegetable skewers.
Preheat grill to a medium heat.
Place skewers on grill over medium heat for approximately 15 minutes. Turn halfway every 5 minutes for even cooking. Use a meat thermometer to make sure chicken has reached an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
Remove from grill and enjoy! I like to serve mine with a little extra Italian dressing for dipping.