Treat yourself to these delicious keto friendly lasagna roll-ups! They have a TON of flavor and are much lower in carbs than their pasta alternative! It’s a relatively simple recipe to make so just about anyone should be able to give it a try!
I absolutely LOVE pasta, like LOVE LOVE, but it is definitely not low in carbs so I am always on a mission to find an alternative that has just as much flavor. These keto friendly lasagna roll-ups are sure to be a crowd pleaser as they not only taste good, but look so pretty too!
Removing Moisture from Zucchini
One thing to note about zucchini is that they are full of water and if you don’t remove that moisture you may end up with a wet, soggy dish. There is a pretty simple way to get that moisture out, thankfully! All you need to do is:
- Slice Zucchini
- Lay slices out on paper towels
- Sprinkle salt all over both sides of zucchini
- Let rest for 15-20 minutes
- Remove any excess moisture with a paper towel before cooking
Steps to Make Zucchini Roll-Ups
- Slice up zucchini. A mandolin makes the job easy – but be careful to not slice open your fingers!
- Cook Sausage.
- Mix all the cheeses, seasonings and sausage together to create a filling.
- Use the filling to stuff the zucchini and roll it up into a circular shape!
Keto Friendly Lasagna Roll-Ups
- 2-3 Large Zucchini
- 1 lb Italian Sausage, ground
- 1 cup Ricotta Cheese
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Minced Garlic
- 1 1/2 cups Marinara Sauce
- 2 cups Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- Salt and Pepper
- Italian Seasoning
Preheat Oven to 400 degrees F.
Use a mandoline to slice zucchini lengthwise to create long, thin slices. Roughly 1/8 of an inch thick.
Place a few paper towels on the counter and lay strips of zucchini on paper towels. Sprinkle each side of zucchini with salt and let rest for 15-20 minutes. Remove excess moisture with a paper towel.
In a skillet, add sausage and brown. Drain excess grease.
To create the filling combine cooked sausage, parmesan, ricotta, egg, garlic and season with salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning, to taste.
Add marinara sauce to the bottom of the baking dish.
Spread about 1 tablespoon of filling on zucchini slice, add a small amount of mozzarella cheese, and roll it up. Place rolled zucchini in baking dish. Repeat with all zucchini slices.
Sprinkle the remaining mozzarella cheese over the top of the roll-ups.
Place into oven and cook for 25-30 minutes or until it is heated throughout and the cheese on top begins to brown.
If you enjoyed this recipe you might enjoy: